The Capital Region Allergen &
A comprehensive educational experience for those who suffer from allergies, asthma, gluten sensitivities and celiac disease
- Chef demonstrations on the main stage
- An “Ask The Doctor” booth with Dr. Arthur Ostrov, Gastroenterologist
- More than 50 vendor booths
- Product samples
- A farmers market produced by Ryan’s Produce (with logo)
Did You Know……
- Just a decade ago, gluten-intolerance levels were at 1 in 2500 worldwide. Today, it’s at 1 in 100, and on the rise.
- Allergic diseases, which include asthma, are the fifth most prevalent chronic diseases in all ages, and the third most common in children.
- 8.3 million American children have respiratory allergies.
- An estimated 9.5 million American children have skin allergies.
- Food allergies in children are on the rise, affecting nearly 6 million or 8% of children
Reference: ACAAI (American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology)